Four Ways Riding a Horse is Like Driving a Car
- Look thru the windshield, keep a broad view.
- Keep a safe distance from others.
- Let those around you know what you’re going to do.
- Steer, don’t jerk on reins or steering wheel.
Four Ways Riding a Horse is NOT Like Driving a Car
- Don’t keep the “brakes” on, release pressure on your horse as soon as he stops.
- Stay centered and balanced all the time, no slouching.
- A horse will find its way “home” – back to the barn or trailer if you get lost.
- If you take care of your horse, your horse will generally take care of you.