Hot Healthy Homemade Breakfast is Served Each Day
We want you to enjoy your bed and breakfast getaway and eat as much of each day’s homemade breakfast as you’d like.
At First Farm Inn, you get to choose what you like rather than being served a plate of something in a quantity that may be too little or too much for you.
We serve a variety of healthy, homemade breads and coffee cakes, egg dishes, potatoes and fruit “family style.” Breakfast is usually served at 9 a.m. but can be arranged to fit your schedule from 7 to 9:30 a.m.
Gluten issues? Special diet? Please tell us when you make your reservation so we can have groceries on hand when you arrive to make a healthy homemade breakfast. If you have a preference – diet limitations or are a light eater – please let us know the day before or leave a note in the dining room.
Coffee, tea and sweet breads are always available before breakfast. Just head to the dining room or pick something up to enjoy on the porch when you’re ready for your morning to begin.
Feel free to share your recipes and ask for ours. (Cookbooks are $12.)
- St. Louis Pasta Carbonara (Linguini in a light Parmesan sauce topped with scrambled eggs and crispy bacon)
- Kentucky Whole Wheat Biscuits with Sausage Gravy (Served with eggs*)
- Swiss Rosti and Eggs (Grated potatoes fried crispy served with eggs* and bacon or sausage if desired)
- Indiana Breakfast Casserole (Sausage, eggs and cheese in a fluffy casserole with bread cubes. Onion and salsa optional)
- Michigan Seven-Grain Pancakes With bananas, chocolate chips, peaches, blueberries, or pumpkin) Served with fried apples, sausage or turkey bacon. Turkey sausage, eggs*, or pork bacon on request.
- Caramel Walnut French Toast (The challenge is flipping this right side up so the homemade caramel sauce and nuts cascade down over the whole wheat bread cubes.) Served with sausage or turkey bacon. Turkey sausage or pork bacon on request.
- Latkes Crispy grated potato and onion patties (Served with quiche, eggs*,sausage or bacon)
Omelets are made for one or two. Quiche serves more than two guests. (Served with seasoned fried potatoes) Ingredient possibilities (depending on availability):
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- Toast Jellies, Honey
- Hot Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Almond Poppy Seed Bread
- Cranberry, Pumpkin, Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Coffee Cake
- Apple Cake
- Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls
- Baked Oatmeal (gluten free)
- Oatmeal Coffeecake with blueberries, peaches or bananas.